Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Finally Trying a Zimmerman Design

Lately, I've had this need to start a new project, one that is more easy going, more relaxing than the Endpaper Mitts, which has been a little slow going due to the chart reading and constant untwisting of my two balls of fingering yarn from colorwork stranding. So, out came my Royal ballwinder to prep some Noro Kureyon (with a little help from R). I got my hands on a copy of Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop and came across her very cool Baby Surprise Jacket pattern, a very popular project that's been all over blogland and Ravelry. Of all the Baby Surprise Jackets that I have viewed online, I loved the ones that were either knit in variegated yarn like Noro or hand-dyed, handspun the most, so since I didn't have enough yardage in my own handspun, I chose to use up some of my leftover Noro Kureyon that I had used to make M's earflap felted hat and my sister's Maine Morning Mitts. Here's what I have so far from just a little over one skein of knitting...


1 comment:

sooz said...

Beautiful yarn choice!