Saturday, May 31, 2008

Handknits for a New Nephew and New Niece







After waiting for nearly two months for my package to arrive in HK, my new nephew and niece have finally received their Baby Yoda jackets with matching hats. I love this kimono style cardigan for babies. They're easy to put on and such a great cover-up for short sleeved onesies. This great pattern by Cari Luna can be found here. I did make a few mods by lengthening the cardigan by an inch to get longer wear from it, by widening the sleeve at the bottom by just a tad, so that it wouldn't be tight for the baby to slip through, and by dropping the kimono ties for a simple and neater button closure. I also added a small snap button on the inside of the jacket to keep the cardigan front pieces in their places. I knit with Cotton-Ease, so that the cardis are machine-washable, which I'm sure the parents of twins will appreciate. Overall, I'm very happy with the way the Baby Yoda jackets turned out.

2 comments:

Lawrence said...

Your niece and nephew love the Yoda jackets and matching ensemble!

Anonymous said...

They are SO cute! Hope to see the twins modeling them!