Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Portobello West Market




For the past couple of days, I've been trying to capture some good progress shots of my trekking sock, but not one single shot is up to standard. There is progress though, and I'm loving Charlene Schurch's clear, detailed instructions in her book, Sensational Knitted Socks. I'm super close to finishing up the first sock, so I will be able to start the second one soon.

Over the weekend, we went and checked out the Portobello West Market, held on the last Sunday of each month, at the beautiful, new Rocky Mountaineer Station. I've known about this market for about a year now, but just haven't been able to make it to any of their dates for some reason. It's exciting to know that Vancouver has a market like this (inspired by London's Portobello Market) showcasing the talents of so many creative designers, whether it be in fashion clothing, jewelry & accessories to visual art and even botanical art! I loved most of what I saw, especially the amazing clothing and jewelry. I absolutely loved the jewelry by Fiona Louie. That's her Lovebirds Collection and Leaf Collection in the above pics. Check out the market's next date on June 24th. Admission is free and there's music and entertainment after 4pm. Unfortunately, we went too early on Sunday, so we didn't quite catch the music. Maybe we should have planned to go later in the afternoon, so that the boys would've been more entertained while I shopped more seriously. The boys were just too antsy and restless to allow me to go through the market at a more leisurely pace. I guess there's always next month.

1 comment:

Erika Hastings said...

The market sounds great. I'll have to check it out too.