Friday, May 01, 2009

One Finished, Many to Go...

So, I've made a conscious decision to finish more projects before starting any new ones today. I don't dare tell you how many UFOs I have around the house, but let's just show you one I finished today for my one and only nephew who just turned one.

This is the ever so popular Owl Baby Vest designed by Jodi Haraldson, which can be found on Ravelry. This was such a good knit that I couldn't put it down once I started it in the middle of April, and I was working on an equally fun knit (for the twin niece) at the time. Knit out of machine-washable Cotton-Ease, I lengthened the vest by about an inch and embroidered the owls' eyes instead of sewing on buttons to account for the nephew's age. Wouldn't this vest look dapper for a summer outing to the beach or park with just a plain white t-shirt underneath?

I'm still waiting to hear from the insurance people, so please excuse the less than stellar photography. It took forever just to capture this photo showing the color at its truest (to my eye, anyways). I had to dig out the seven-year-old point-and-shoot camera, so my posts wouldn't be photoless.

No comments: