Wednesday, October 01, 2008

For the Ears and Just Plain Ol' Bad Hair Days



Off the needles and straight onto my noggin is my new Star Crossed Slouchy Beret, a quick, diversion knit courtesy of Natalie Larson. As the mornings and evenings get chillier here in Vancouver, I desperately needed a hat to cover the ears, so it was a bit of research on Ravelry to find the perfect hat pattern. I've been meaning to knit a beret for over a year, so this pattern was really satisfying, as it also fulfilled my urge to knit cables and to knit continuously in the round. As it turned out, I loved knitting this hat so much that I could hardly put this project down as soon as I cast on! The cabling pattern looks more complicated than it really is, trust me. Here are the details:


Pattern: Star Crossed Slouchy Beret by Natalie Larson
Yarn: elann's Peruvian Highland Wool in colour, Mocha Heather
Amount Used: 1 skein and perhaps only 1/4 of a second skein
Needles Used: 4 DPNs--6mm and 1 DPN--5-1/2 (because I didn't have another 6mm) and a 7mm circular needle, 60cm/(24inches)

So now, it's back to straight knitting on my Morning Surf Scarf, which is happily growing longer..... photos to come when finished!

No comments: