Thursday, December 27, 2007

Slowing Down to Enjoy the Holidays

Now that Santa has made his visit, and we've all caught up on some sleep, we've been able to slow down a bit and enjoy the holidays together. Here, the boys are learning the art of rod hockey or table hockey, a gift from their great aunt and uncle.

I even managed to complete some last-minute Maine Morning Mitts, an easy, relaxing pattern from Clara Parkes' new book, The Knitter's Book of Yarn, for my sister who really liked the Noro Kureyon colorway (90) that I chose. I'm sorry the photo isn't the best and doesn't accurately show all the colours of the yarn, but it's a very versatile colour if you wear a lot of darker colours. I've even made a felted earflap hat for my husband in the same yarn. And he wears it too!

Anyhow, I hope everyone is enjoying a restful, happy holiday.

No comments: